Town of Hyde Park

Historical Society

The Hyde Park Historical Society Sign

 
The Little Red Schoolhouse  

 
The Little Red Schoolhouse was built in 1845 with classes starting in 1847. It was formerly onCrum Elbow Road at Cardinal Road in East Park.

The Town of Hyde Park Historical Society rescued this one-room school house from demolition in 1972 and moved it to the grounds of the North Park Elementary School, Route 9G, Hyde Park, NY.

Come to see how the children of years ago spent their days in school!

Open House events are held during the summer and fall.

 
Little Red School House

GET MAP DIRECTIONS
***************************************************************************    

Little Red Schoolhouse - 2019 Programs

Jeff Fishwick replaced Carl Grieco as 2nd Vice President and Director of the Little Red Schoolhouse.

Open House Events at the Little Red Schoolhouse: Work continues at the Little Red Schoolhouse to preserve it for the future generations to enjoy. There are usually two Open House events on the grounds of North Park Elementary School, 1593 Route 9G, Hyde Park, NY on Sunday afternoons in the Fall. This is the only one-room schoolhouse that still exists in our area and open to visitors at Open House events, or special tours by calling Jeff Fishwick, 2nd VP & Little Red Schoolhouse Director, at 845-546-1194.

There is no fee, however, donations for the upkeep of the building are always appreciated.

***************************************************************************

 

Little Red Schoolhouse
Hyde Park, NY

***************************************************************************    
LINKS:    
Dutchess County Schoolhouse Brochure    
Little Red Schoolhouse    
Old Hopewell School #9    
Indian Rock Schoolhouse    
*******************************************************************