Town of Hyde Park

Historical Society

The Hyde Park Historical Society Sign

Town of Hyde Park Historical Society Museum

The museum is located in the former Eagle Engine and Rescue building, built in 1905, located at 4389 Albany Post Road (Route 9), Hyde Park, NY.

The museum is open from June through October, on Saturdays from 10:00 - 2:00 and Sundays from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Call (845) 229-2559 for information.

The memorabilia on display is from donations of the townspeople, which is part of our local history. One of our current exhibits is from the U.S. Army's 240th Military Police Battalion that once occupied quarters at the Vanderbilt Coach House and the Rogers' Estate. We encourage families of these former MP's to visit and bring copies of their memorabilia to add to this collection.

We also have several books on local history available for purchase
.

There is no fee, however, donations are appreciated.

To become a member,
call (845) 889-4521 or (845) 229-2559.
 


GET MAP DIRECTIONS



The purpose of the organization is to preserve and display artifacts relating to Hyde Park's heritage. While the splendor of the gilded age is well represented by the homes of the wealthy river families, we strike a historical balance to show how the townspeople lived.